Sports: Bulges to Watch Out For at Rio Olympics
These Olympians have trained hard for their chance at Olympic glory, and their bodies definitely show all the effort that they’ve put in. It’s a delight to watch their bodies perform athletic feats ordinary humans can only dream of achieving.
But for those viewers who’re watching the Olympics for much more prurient reasons than most others, the delight comes from watching these tight, hard bodies clad in even tighter athletic apparel, leaving practically nothing to the imagination. Every bump and bulge is visible, with a special emphasis on bulge.
Here’s a list of six noteworthy bulges you guys can watch out for in the ongoing Rio Olympics — we’ve even included the dates when they’ll be competing!
- Ning Zetao
– The 23-year-old swimming champion was a trending topic across all of social media over the past few days, due mostly to his slamming swimmer’s bod that definitely proves false the constant refrain that Asian men can’t be sexy. Ning Zetao is already a celebrity in his native China, with a spread in Elle Men and a GQ China cover story. You can see him and his trunks on August 10 as he competes in the heats for the Men’s 100m Freestyle, and on August 12 as he competes in the heats for the Men’s 50m Freestyle
- Ashton Eaton
– This 28-year-old Olympian is a decathlete who “holds the world record in both the decathlon and indoor heptathlon events, and is only the second decathlete to break the 9,000-point barrier, with 9,039 points”. And not only that, Eaton is already a medaled Olympian, having won the gold medal for the decathlon at the 2012 London Olympics. If you want to see him compete in Rio in his shorts, tune in on August 17.
- Nelson Evora
– Nelson Evora is a 32-year-old Portuguese track and field star who specializes in the triple jump and the long jump. He’s been competing since he was 15-years-old, and has won a total of 16 gold medals, one of which was at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He’s also the current European triple jump indoor champion, and you can see him and his bulge take a stab at another gold medal in the Men’s Triple Jump on August 15.
- David Boudia
– Divers, just like swimmers, are just ripe to be ogled, and 27-year-old David Boudia sure has the body and the bulge for it. The Texas native has been diving for 16 years now, and during the 2012 London Olympics won two medals for the United States — a bronze in the synchronized 10 metre platform and a gold in the 10 metre platform. He competes in the Men’s 10 metre Synchronized Platform.
- Tom Daley
– Of course, no list of Olympic bulges is complete without the out 22-year-old British diver and Olympian, Tom Daley. While Daley’s been diving since he was seven-years-old, he only came out to the world in 2013, in a Youtube video where he talked about being in a relationship with a man since early that year. After winning a bronze medal in 2012 London Olympics — the gold went to David Boudia — Daley won the gold in the Men’s 10 metre Synchronized Platform.